I am still so excited and surprised! Yesterday, I logged on to reply to some comments on my most recent post, and found out that the lovely Army Wife with Daughters had nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. How thoughtful of her! Then, I logged on today and found out that Abby Co nominated me for the One Lovely Blog Award. I am just absolutely shocked and over the moon excited that I received TWO amazing nominations from two amazing bloggers in a matter of just two days. WOW!
While my blog is not necessarily very “new,” I have just recently began to dedicate more time and effort into it these past few months. I’ve been focusing more on posting what I think my audience would enjoy and I have to admit, becoming a mother just four short months ago has really given my blog a direction. I love reading about other people’s parenting experiences and it inspire me to share my own.
So I have to give a big thank you to all the mom bloggers out there sharing their stories with the world! You don’t know how much you inspire others. And another big thank you to Army Wife with Daughters and Abby Co for the sweet nominations. Make sure you guys go and check out their blogs because they are seriously some hardworking, dedicated, and awesome writers.
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Post about the award
- Share 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 people
- Let your nominees know you’ve nominated them!
So, without further ado, here are 7 facts about me:
- I can watch cooking shows all day long. I’m not super into the competition ones like Chopped or Baking Championship (although I do LOVE MasterChef), but instead I record every episode of The Pioneer Woman, The Kitchen, Trisha’s Southern Kitchen, and Giada at Home. I love getting ideas for dinner and I love all of their personalities so much. My husband always gets on me because our recording space is always almost full, but I can’t help it. I’m obsessed!
- I drink my coffee black and iced, all year long. I will indulge in some of the holiday flavors during Christmas time (chestnut praline is my jammmm) or a hot cup every now and then, but my usual choice is black iced coffee. When I worked at Starbucks, my coworkers always joked that I would drink a whole pitcher of the iced goodness by myself (which was probably true). But ever since I found out I was pregnant last year, I have calmed down a ton on my coffee intake. But I definitely still need my coffee every morning, let’s be honest.
- Growing up, my favorite food was nachos. Not tacos, but nachos. I’ve always been a huge mexican fan and a big plate of cheesy nachos was my favorite thing. I’d even eat chips and salsa for breakfast throughout high school. It was a problem. I still do love a good plate of nachos, but my favorite meals have evolved a little bit, thankfully. 😉
- I love a good debate … just ask my husband. Majority of the times when we bicker, our small disagreement will turn into a full on debate where we pull up research and articles to prove points. It’s pretty humorous and I honestly like it because I feel challenged by him. And like I said, I love a good debate.
- Champagne is my drink of choice. Also tequila. But really, champagne is my favorite thing to sip on, and I don’t mind the cheap stuff at all. 😉 Gimme all the Andrés!
- I feel like I really found myself when I became a mother. Not that I was a “natural” or anything like that, because trust me, I had a ton of questions and felt super unsure those first few weeks… but I feel more in my element with my daughter than I ever have. And I’m sure that will change over and over again as she grows, but for now I’m going to soak that feeling up as much as I can.
- I really enjoy writing. Not just blog posts, but also creatively–mostly creative nonfiction essays and memoir-ish pieces. I took a ton of creative writing courses throughout my graduate studies and really love the pieces I developed. I’d love to try and get some of the published one of these days, but that involves a lot of perfecting that I just haven’t quite done yet.
Now enough about me! Here are the 15 blogs I’m nominating for the One Lovely Blog Award! This was tough, because I read so many blogs and am so inspired by them every day. But these 15 are my top. These are the blogs I look forward to reading and get excited for whenever they post new material. I know they all work so hard and are extremely dedicated to their blogs and they deserve all the recognition possible! Thank you guys for inspiring me and so many others every day. 🙂 And everyone else, go check them out!
Our House of Harris — my sister’s blog! Definitely a good one 🙂
Frugal Florida Mom
The Nostalgia Diaries
Rogers Party of 5
Beautifully Imperfect Mama
Mummy, It’s Ok
House of Kerrs
Love, Light, and Motherhood
Everyone’s Sleeping but Mom
Pardon My Baby
Forever Young Moms
My Dearest Darlings
Thanks for reading! Xoxo, Sarah.