Hey everyone! Thanks for checking out our blog. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, there’s no better way to show how appreciative we are for all that we have than to reflect on what we are thankful for. Today’s post will be part of a four part series in which we will post all the things we are thankful and grateful for! There will be 30 things on our list–one for each day of November. Let’s get to it:
(1) Our friends and families. This is a no-brainer. There is nothing that the two of us love more than a family dinner or a fun night out with friends. We love spending time with the people that matter most to us in our lives, and we are so grateful for each and every one of them!
(2) Our health. We have been focusing really hard lately to eat better and exercise more. Even so, we are grateful that we have each a strong body and mind to lead us each day.
(3) Our fur babies! My goodness, do we love our dogs. Actually, we have a huge love for all dogs! There’s nothing we love more than wet kisses and fluffy snuggles from our two babies. Especially little miss Eleanor who has been sneaking onto the couch (she was always too nervous before, but she loves it now).
(4) Trying new things. We have been trying a lot of new things lately, from recipes to new restaurants to scary movies (okay, this one is totally Sarah–I hate scary movies, but Dylan enjoys them). We took Megan to her first hibachi trip, which she said she enjoyed. We also learned that we both watch scary movies the same way–face covered and eyes peeking out, see video below. It’s always really nice to be pushed out of our comfort zone.
(5) Weekends together. Dylan and I both work weekends, so it’s rare that we get multiple days off in a row together. However, when we do, we always seem to have the best time together. So if you get every weekend off with your loved one, enjoy it. We certainly do when we get the opportunity for it. 🙂
(6) Coffee. Not just because it allows Sarah to have the job she has, but because it is delicious and perfect for this time of year. Even Dylan, who has never been a big coffee drinker, has started drinking a hot cup every now and then. It’s definitely helpful in getting through our school and work days.
(7) Books. While we don’t get much time to read during the semester because of schoolwork, we both love a good book when we have the time for it. In fact, the other day we went into Barnes & Noble for fun between apple picking and dinner. We went in just to browse … and walked out with five books. Needless to say I am stoked for graduating in December so I can bust open some of these!
Tis the season to be thankful … Stay tuned for the few items next week.